Re: Netscape the Big Win

At 11:45 7/21/95, Ray Cromwell wrote:
>> >   The answer is: integration. While TRN is a great newsreader, and
>> >Eudora's a great mail reader, etc, if I read a post in TRN or a message
>> >in Eudora, there is no hyperlinking. If I see a link or reference,
>>
>> If you used a Mac, all you had to do is click on the URL in your mailer,
>> newsreader, even some text editors, and the correct helper aplication will
>> open the URL.
>
>  Yeah, but does it fire up 1 browser process everytime you click on it, or
>will it command an already running browser to follow the link?

If the helper app is not running it will start it, if it is running it will
pass the URL to the already running app. Note that it doesn't have to be a
browser. You can - and usually will - use separate apps for different types
of URLs.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.