Re: Netscape the Big Win(dows)

At 19:15 7/21/95, [email protected] wrote:

>        In my own experience, the Mac newsreaders that I have
>tried(mainly Nuntius and Newswatcher) have felt incredibly slow compared
>to tin.

Depends on the load on the host, the speed of your link, the speed of your
Mac, and if you want to trade features for speed at that given moment.

>What, IMHO, would be a good step forward would be Mac versions of
>UNIX packages like pine and tin...

The human interface is the whole point behind Newswatcher and Nuntius. As
for Mac users that prefer tin, they already have an implementation
available. It is called telnet.

>preferably with AppleScripts that
>implement the same functionality as the PineSign and TinSign scripts
>recently distributed here.

I have been thinking about writing AppleScripts that link Newswatcher with
PGP. Unfortunately, there is another project that has precedence. Still, as
with most great utility software not yet available, you can always try to
write it yourself.

Have fun,

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.