Re: HOUDINI ON CRYPTO

From: Sandy Sandfort

. . . there is a section about Houdini's fascination with
cryptography.  He talks about relatively primative substitution
ciphers and the like.  One example, though, I thought might be of
interest to Cypherpunks.  He said the following inscription was
written over the Decalogue in a country church.  Apparently, no
one was able to read it for over 200 years.  Can you?:

		PRSRVYPRFCTMNVRKPTHSPRCPTSTN

It looks to be something like this to me:

PRESERVE YE PERFECT MEN ?VR? KEEP THIS PERCEPT (or PRECEPT) SATAN

  ..
Blanc