Re: NSA, Random Number Generation, Soviet Codes, Prohibition of Crypto

In article <[email protected]> you write:

>I've heard that standard 1920s-1950s one time pad generation
>techniques involved telling lots of secretaries in the code section to
>type numbers at random onto carbon paper forms. No joke.

In the German book `Kryptologie' by F.L. Bauer there is a reprint of
such a Soviet "random number sheet".
--
Ulf M�ller * [email protected] * [email protected]
PGP key fingerprint: B6 4F 97 28 8F C0 54 C3  A6 10 02 2F B9 31 78 14