Questions about Conferences

As a relatively new person to cryptography, I am trying to read and
research, as well
as follow this list, everything I can about the subject.  Because of this
interest, I have
a few questions for the list.

1)    What is Defcon?  I am not that far from Las Vegas and am interested in the
conference and how I might attend.

2)  Similarly, how would I get information on Crypto '95?  I have read the
papers
from previous years and I would be interested in running up to Santa Barbara to
check it out.

And on a different note,

3)  Has anyone heard much about the security of First Security National
Bank? (www.fsnb.com)
I checked out what they have available already and it seems well put
together.  I realize
they haven't released the "white" paper with specific security
(cryptographic) specs on it yet,
but has anyone heard anything yet?  If it is as secure as it claims, I might
consider opening an
account with them.

Thanks,

Joel Hames