Re: NSA and the NCSA/Apache web servers

> "Amir Y. Rosenblatt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>   Wow -- hooks to encryption are unexportable -- now THAT's bullshit.  Sheesh.
>
> A few yuears ago I asked Matt Blaze if he would
> publish CFS with the sryptography removed, and he
> told me that AT&T's lawyers also believed this to
> be true. (So, of course, his answer was "No".)
> The hooks are as important as the crypto code.
>
> Interestingly though, Kerberos made it to
> Australia (Bond University I think) legally.

Actually, neither hooks nor encryption are unexportable, you just need
a license to export them.  I got a license to export an RSA encryption
scheme and a general purpose hook into encryption for integrity toolkit.
It took a few months and was not very difficult, but you have to apply.

--
-> See: Info-Sec Heaven at URL http://all.net
Management Analytics - 216-686-0090 - PO Box 1480, Hudson, OH 44236