Re: Java, Netscape, OpenDoc, and Babel

Ray writes:

|   Object Oriented Superdistributed components are so useful an abstraction,
| I think it's worth the security risk. HotJava solves some fundamental
| issues with protocols. Right now the W^3 working groups have been struggling

	Its nice of you to say that.  Its nice of Perry to disagree.
Lets start using some concrete examples, so the source of
disagreements become obvious?

	I suspect Ray is working in an environment less security
concious than Perry's.  Perry works on a lot of security-critical
applications where a lot of money is at stake.  If I were going to go
after financial institutions, I'd definetly look at which ones were
using Java, and see what I could upload into their systems.  Getting
copies of the recent files might be *very* informative.  I'd be
worried if I were at Solomon brothers.

	If I were running Java at home, I'd be a lot less worried,
especially as all the interesting data on my hard drive sits on an
encrypted partition.

Adam

					               -Hume