Re: Sex & Crime TV filter

I could agree to a private filtering mechanism where each program
broadcasts an ID number.

A chip on the set reads this info from the dark band between frames or
someplace.

Private agencies rate the programs by whatever criteria sells ("Bikinis &
Beer", "Motherhood and Apple Pie", whatever), and people load those
rating/show lookups into their set off of the net or wherever...

Certainly the government shouldn't reqire anything. The government couldn't
find its ass with both hands. I bet this scheme could sell on an
information value-added basis alone.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected])
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell