Re: U.S. Banks are not all that bad

In message <v02120d01ac4219a2e38e@[199.2.22.120]> Douglas Barnes writes:

> I must say that I've had some absolutely amazingly bad experiences
> with banks in Asia, Mexico and Central America, so I'm a skeptic
> when it comes to assuming that non-US banks are light years better.

The U.K. banks make the U.S. look awfully good....

> Although I have no direct experience of European banking, I do know that
> the European banking industry, taken as a whole, is substantially
> behind the US banking industry in automation and efficiency. Most of

Oh yes oh yes oh yes...and I've banked with Lloyds on and off
for 12 years...

Michael Froomkin                   until Aug 6: [email protected]
U.Miami School of Law                                     London, England
[email protected] <-- this will still find me
PO Box 248087 Coral Gables, FL 33124-8087 "Rain in parts, then dry" --BBC
See http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/6095/articles/froomkin-metaphor/text.html