Phone call for Mr. Doligez, was Re: SSL challenge -- broken !

>SSL challenge -- broken

Indeed, it seems so, and the feeding frenzy in the press has begun.

I zinged this over from cypherpunks to www-buyinfo this morning, and this
afternoon I got a rather interesting call from a reporter.  I told him
about ITARs, its effect on internet commerce and the silliness of a 40 bit
key, etc.

He wanted to know if I knew Damien's phone number(!), and I told him to
have ATT put one of their translators-for-hire on the line and call INRIA,
Ecole Polytechnique, or Ecole Normale Superieure, and track him down there.

Meanwhile, if Mr. Doligez sees this, call Alan Beck at 619-625-0700, or
email him at [email protected].

I can see the headlines now: "Netscape Security Broken, Stock Falls".

Make-a the Ganglia Twitch. Haven't had this much fun since the hogs ate my
little brother...

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected])
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell