Question: DSA status and export requirements?

Does anyone know if there have been any major developments in the DSA
patent issue in the past year?  I've read that some large companies have
used DSA in products without paying royalties to Bizdos, but they also have
separate licensing deals for RSA itself.

On another note, I would much appreciate advice on whether a product which
does only signature verification using, say, DSA and SHA, would require
ITAR export approval?  I've read that the NSA has specifically stated that
they are not concerned with products that cannot be easily used for privacy
-- so would such a product (which can verify but not generate signatures)
even be required to apply for an export license?

Doug Cutrell
[email protected]

fuck the Exxon Communications Decency ammendment