Re: I need exportable crypto revisited.

Darrell Perko writes:
> 	Thank you all for your amazingly quick responses!  However, I
> should have noted in my original message that this encryption is to meet
> a contractual point for a commercial product to be delivered soon.  The
> product can have one and one only version to be boxed and shipped and
> will be sold internationally.  The encryption portion will be dynamically
> linked, so real encryption will be available on the net just not in the box.

If you have hooks for arbitrary encryption, you will find it to be
virtually impossible to export the product.

The only way to do this whole thing is to export the product to an
offshore development site without the crypto, have the crypto added,
and import the software into the US, never export it from the US. You
have no other real choice.

Welcome to hell. If you don't like it, complain to the NSA, and to the
Clinton administration, experts in being buggered by the NSA and
buggering us too.

Perry