Re: The Official Cypherpunks Screen Saver?

At 11:49 AM 8/17/95 -0700, you wrote:
>At 5:11 PM 8/17/95, Jim Gillogly wrote:
>
>>I would hazard a guess that 90% of the compute cycles in the world are used
>>running screen savers... this gives a <lot> of slack for people who would
>>like to harness them to perform productive work like making points about
>>the strength of security.
>
>It would really be cool to have a screen saver that did useful work while
>displaying pretty pictures.
>
>Imagine a screen saver, maybe with code modules running in "After Dark,"
>that updates the screen with keys tried...could be a nice demonstration of

   With the strength of today's NT workstations (Multi-processor pentium and
Alpha chips) this would be a great idea.  Every NT workstation ships with a
screen saver built in.  I'd use that one.  Too much fun!
                                        ...  __o
                                       ..   -\<,
[email protected]   ...(*)/(*).          CI$: 76340.2422
http://bordeaux.sandiegoca.attgis.com/
PGP Pub Key fingerprint =  A8 FA 55 92 23 20 72 69  52 AB 64 CC C7 D9 4F CA
Avail on Pub Key server.
PGP-encrypted e-mail welcome!