Secure, reliable (Re: Distributed computing)

A couple of months back, someone (Adam Back, perhaps?) made mention of
work on secure, reliable distributed computing on untrusted networks
of untrusted machines. I seem to remember mention of sending out bogus
computations in order to obscure the actual computation being
performed.

I was never able to follow the reference, since all the info available
was the name of a Japanese professor, with no mention of the
university or of any publications I could look up.

Does this work ring a bell with anyone else?

nathan