Video as a source of randomness

A thought just occurred to me...

How useful would it be to use a video stream as a source of random input
to something like /dev/random?  I'm thinking along the lines of a
Connectix QuickCam (sp?) or the cool videocam that comes with the Indy.
It seems to me that the picture recieved by a camera sitting atop a
monitor would be quite unpredictable. (relatively) High bandwith, too.
Even if the entropy in a video signal is low, the high bandwidth would
seem to make up for it.

Struggling to keep my head above the crypto tide,
andy
--
Andrew Isaacson <[email protected]>    finger [email protected]
Freshman/Comp Sci @ Michigan Technological University   for PGP public key