RE: Many Topics are Appropriate for Discussion Here

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  I don't mind reading serious
questions no matter how naive, provided that the questioner is
willing to listen to the responses no matter how acerbic.
You would have to have a pretty thick skin to post here frequently.

I have some not-so-hypothetical questions:

Suppose I have serious and plausibly realistic aspirations to become an
authority in some subtopic of cryptography, network security, etc. (sometime
well into the next millenium). Am I more likely to learn and hone my skills
by actively participating (sticking my neck out) or merely lurking
indefinitely ?  Regardless of the answer to the previous question, should
the list suffer me my missteps and naivete ?

I do not consider these questions rhetorical, and the answers are very
important to me on a personal level.

And now I believe I'll shut up for a while.

-Futplex <[email protected]>

application/ms-tnef