Re: Exporting software doesn't mean exporting (was: Re: lp ?)

> Strangely
>enough this would seem to hurt, not help, the NSA in the most important
>part of their current mission, which is to help protect US industry
>against industrial espionage and virtual terrorism, which is a far more
>pressing threat.

Matt's NATO adventures, for example, are an interesting example of what
happens when the two missions -- "protect our secrets" and "read theirs"
-- come into conflict.  (Not unlike the US Dept of Agriculture.)  Their
open involvement in places like W3C, where Agency staff talk about getting
Fortezza cards in COTS products provide another datapoint.

Budgets cuts may turn out to be strong crypto's best friend.
	/r$