Re: ecash speed

Hal writes:
>This all has to happen whenever you click on a link in your browser.
>Even with fast CPU's I think the extra step of connecting to the bank,
>having it check against all coins, and getting approval will be
>considerable for each link traversal.

A system like Stephen Brands' should significantly improve the
situation.  There's no benefit in double-spending micropayments since
you'll be identified after the fact.  For small enough payments, you
can skip the on-line validation and handle them in batch-mode later.
It becomes a matter of risk management, then.