Re: POTP Security

At 19:30 11/10/95 -0500, [email protected] wrote:
>>The first commercially available implementation of our
>>POTP (Power One Time Pad) encryption algorithm. The package includes
>>a POTP Secure FTP Client, POTP Secure FTP Server, and POTP FileCrypt -
>>a stand alone file encryption program.
>What level of security does this cute, little puppy provide???

Since they advertize One Time Pad security, the first thing I want to know
is how they distribute their keys.  One Time Pads require a key as long as
the encyphered message.  A one-time-pad system without a convincing story
about key distribution is bullshit.

Bill

Bill Frantz                   Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506                 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected]             Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA