Re: NSA, ITAR, NCSA and plug-in hooks.

Hello,

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, Jeff Barber wrote:

> [email protected] writes:
>
> Does anyone know the ostensible justification for this?  What section of
> the ITARs do they point to when they say "this is illegal"?  I've perused
> an online copy of ITAR (no, I haven't read all of it -- I have other
> things I want to do this year :-), but I can't find a section that could
> be construed to support this contention.

  I scanned through the ITAR, and I agree that there doesn't seem to be
anything about hooks that are illegal, but the NSA does have the
authority to protect whatever threatens national security.  If they are
over-stepping their bounds who is going to push it to court to find out,
as that is where the decision would have to be made (very expensive).
  Take care and have fun.

James Black