Repeated Words/characters in Password/Phrase

Do repeated words in a PGP passphrase make the pass phrase less secure than
a passphrase without any repeated words?  And on the same note, do repeated
letters in a UNIX password make that password easier to break? I can't seem
to find anything in my books on cryptography that mention this.  Thanks.
Ted Cabeen                                                  [email protected]
Finger for PGP Public Key                        [email protected]
"I have taken all knowledge to be my province."            [email protected]