Re: Cypherpunk Certification Authority

Someone pretending to be Alice has said:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > Well, signed Alice posts have shown up, so we will just have to assume
> > that the above was a spoof and that the signed Alice posts are the
> > real ones, now won't we?
[...]
> But I will simply repeat, I have never signed a post,

Perhaps *you* have never signed a post, but how do we know who *you*
are. You could be someone we've never heard from before. Anyone could
be putting the Alice de 'nonymous signature on the bottom of something
they've written. The only way to know for sure is digital signatures.

> And I would ask whoever DID post the PGP key under my name, to please
> issue a revocation certificate.

How do we know you aren't just spoofing us?

.pm