Re: The future will be easy to use

>>At 01:03 PM 11/28/95 EST, Carl Ellison wrote:
>>>That's true.  What the user would have to see is some icon (or, for
>>>text-bound folks, a temporary unique string) until the user chooses and
>>>assigns the appropriate alias.  That icon would have no meaning by itself.
>>>It would acquire a meaning by being associated with some message or set of
>>>messages:

James A. Donald" <[email protected]>

At 10:55 AM 11/29/95 EST, Carl Ellison wrote:
> it
> might also be non-unique, making it worthless as an identifier.

Then your database should detect this non uniqueness, and qualify
the displayed name with additional information, preferably additional
information that helps you address the question of "Is this the
same identity who has changed his key, or is it an accidental
collision, or is it a malevolent spoof?"

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]