Re: GOST for sale

Mats writes:
> JETICO INC., located in Finland (Tammerfors), introduced
> a new crypto system on the world market last week. It's
> based on GOST, the Russian federal standard algorithm.
> This product, called BestCrypt, is implemented at least
> partly in hardware. Alledgedly it uses 'GOST 28147-89',
> whatever that stands for.

A DejaNews search for "BestCrypt" turned up an announcement by
on November 14th. According to him, it implements GOST, single DES, and IDEA.
They have DOS and Windows versions. He says [big sic for this quote]:

	All algorithm available simultaneosly - you may change
	algorithm for your data easy - it's look like to change the password...

	I have non-commercial demo version of the product (370 Kb arjed
	distributive) and I can send it to people who will be interested in it.

-Futplex <[email protected]>