Re: META: Lycos & Searchable archives

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Leslie Todd Masco wrote:

> Someone has expressed concern to me that the cypherpunks archives are
> searchable via Lycos.  Said person doesn't mind having the archives
> searchable to the smaller audience of people who go to the we-site,
> but is unhappy about net-wide searches turning up cypherpunks articles.

Lycos only has a database of abstracts of the archive (which is still
commendable) and the other databases have smallish local archives of the list.
There's no way to do a compleat search at present (other than manual labor and
writing 'bots). A true search engine at the site would be a godsend.
I presume that people who post want their posts read.