Re: Netscape gives in to key escrow

At 12:55 AM 11/30/95 -0800, Jeff Weinstein wrote:
> All press accounts I've read so far
> have lots of stuff attributed to Jim, but very little of it is actual
> quotes.

Then we would like to hear Jim "clarify" his position.

Absent such clarification, we must assume he considers the
press reports of what he said to be reasonably accurate.

>  I don't want to go down in history as a facilitator of the totalitarian
> state, and I don't think anyone else here does either.

Most of the major players have taken a position overtly opposed to
GAK (whilst leaving themselves some wriggle room, should
the heat get too severe).

What is netscape's position?

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]