Re: PRESS RELEASE: GERMANY CENSORS DUTCH WEBSITE WWW.XS4ALL.NL

! At 8:18 AM 9/6/96, tank wrote:
! >Please forward:
!
! >             * * * P R E S S   R E L E A S E * * *
! >
! >
! >GERMANY CENSORS DUTCH WEBSITE WWW.XS4ALL.NL, WITH 3100 WEBPAGES
! >
! >
! >German internetproviders, joined in the Internet Content Taskforce
! >(ICTF), started censoring the Dutch website www.xs4all.nl, containing
! >3100 personal and commercial homepages. This act of censorship is
! >caused by the webpage of a magazine that is banned in Germany, Radikal
! >(http://www.xs4all.nl/ ~tank/radikal/).
! ...
!
! Though my German friends will perhaps feel I am picking on them, this is
! not so (this week Germany is in the hot seat, last week it was
! Singapore....).
!
! A Modest Proposal:
!
! * as Germany is bent on blocking sites which carry this subversive
! pamphlet, "Radikal," let us mirror it on thousands of sites around the
! world.
!
! * when the Germans went into Danmark and insisted Jews wear badges,
! ordinary citizens (and the Danish Royal Family, as I recall) also took to
! wearing these Star of David badges.
!
! * wouldn't it be deliciously ironic if the "Free Speech Blue Ribbon" now
! attached to so many pages were to be joined by a "Star of David"? This Star
! of David symbol could mean "We support freedom to read, and our site
! contains the "Radikal" publication which Germans are forbidden to access."
!
! (I know nothing of how such symbolic campaigns are actually launched and
! managed, so I'm suggesting the hint of an idea. I do think mirroring the
! banned publication (_any_ banned publication, by _any_ government) on as
! many sites as possible is a Good Idea.)

Can someone post an uncensored copy here?  That's a good start.  I
could repost Jolly Roger which I think I archived, or post
something from Kurt Saxon in de.soc and soc.culture.german for a
good start!