Re: Conservation Laws, Money, Engines, and Ontology (fwd)

Of course, as you say, security needs to be improved also.  See
draft-eastlake-muse-00.txt in the IETF shadow directories.

Donald

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, SCN User wrote:

> Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 10:45:57 -0700 (PDT)
> From: SCN User <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Conservation Laws, Money, Engines, and Ontology (fwd)
>

> >Suggest you look at draft-eastlake-internet-payment-*.txt in the
> >IETF shadow directories.  I don't think any one step will solve all
> >our spam problems but I wouldn't mind spending, say, 5 cents for each
> >real piece of mail I sent outside my company and if end machines charged
>
> >5 cents per piece of ouside mail received, I think spamming would be
> >crippled.  (Note that with bad guy lists, you could collect the money and
> >then just throw away the mail.)
>    Why should I pay for mail I can't control?
>
>   Before charges like this can be implemented, protocols/security/etc
>   need to be improved to accurately indentify the sender.
>

> --
> There are no facts, only interpretations.
> I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
> Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.

Donald E. Eastlake 3rd     +1 508-287-4877(tel)     [email protected]
   318 Acton Street        +1 508-371-7148(fax)     [email protected]
Carlisle, MA 01741 USA     +1 703-620-4200(main office, Reston, VA)
http://www.cybercash.com           http://www.eff.org/blueribbon.html