Re: SPL -- Suspicious Persons List

On Sat, 14 Sep 96 17:36:49 EDT, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

>> unjust if the company was bought out and the new owner decided to sack
>> all black people and people called "Perry". You were the one who brought
>> up the issue of fairness.

>The owner should be able to do that without interference from any gubment.

Yes.  If they manage to survive economically while snubbing a productive chunk
of the general population in addition to a loon, good for them.  If their
product still sells, inspite of negative publicity it's probably the market
leader.  OTOH, I think there should be some basic safeguards against the
formation of 'company towns' or similar constructs.  A free market is rarely a
given.

# Chris Adams <[email protected]> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
# [email protected] | V.M. (619)515-4894
"I have never been able to figure out why anyone would want to play games on
a computer in any case when the whole system is a game.  Word processing,
spreadsheets, telecoms -- it's all a game.  And they pay you to play it."
	-- Duncan Frissell