Re: 56 kbps modems

On Sun, 15 Sep 1996 23:35:38 -0700 (PDT), Lucky Green wrote:

>Seriously, how may of the 28.8 modem users get connections at 28.8?
>Twenty percent? Fifty percent? Today's modems are already faster than
>most analog lines can support. More likely than not, a 56k modem won't
>link up at 56k. If you want speed, use the clean solution. Get ISDN.

>[And don't buy the Motorola BitSurfer PRO. It won't work with two line
>phones. The sound is so bad, you can't use the POTS you pull out for
>business.  Motorola: "We are aware of the problem". Well, they have been
>aware of it since at least February.]

Interesting. . .  Oh well, I bet their competition doesn't mind.

>But for data, home ISDN is the way to go.

Of course, we'll be getting the cable modems around here by early next year, so
I might just wait for that 15MB/s. . .

# Chris Adams <[email protected]> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
# [email protected] | V.M. (619)515-4894
"I have never been able to figure out why anyone would want to play games on
a computer in any case when the whole system is a game.  Word processing,
spreadsheets, telecoms -- it's all a game.  And they pay you to play it."
	-- Duncan Frissell