Re: Fear of Flying -- from HotWired

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Bill Frantz wrote:

> >Culturing and growing anthrax is painfully simple.  No DNA required.
>
> Sorry Unicorn, you missed my point.  (1) You need DNA to grow bacteria.
> You can get the DNA two ways.  (A) You get a sample of the beast, or (B)
> You get a DNA sequence and then regenerate the DNA.  (I don't think B is
> technically feasable yet.)  (2) You can't send samples of the beast thru
> the net.

I think your point was that the net was not responsible for the
proliferation of Anthrax development data.  (Am I wrong?)

My point was that in the eyes of the "leaders" all that is required to
make the net responsible for the proliferation is for the process to be
describeable in a simple one or two page set of instructions (such as
Anthrax is).

--
I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
[email protected]