Re: XPA_nix

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996 12:22:10 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>> > Cheswick opines,"This is the first major attack of a kind that I believe to
>> > be the final Internet security problem."
>> Harrumph.  We should only BE so lucky.

>I don't remember if Ches was quoted correctly, but its more or less
>true -- we know how to deal with most classes of major problems, but
>denial of service is still a major question mark. I suspect its the
>last big frontier.

Hopefully it will die out if things ever switch over to a digicash payment
scheme.   Then only the big guys would mess with it...

# Chris Adams <[email protected]> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
# [email protected] | V.M. (619)515-4894
"I have never been able to figure out why anyone would want to play games on
a computer in any case when the whole system is a game.  Word processing,
spreadsheets, telecoms -- it's all a game.  And they pay you to play it."
	-- Duncan Frissell