Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

On Sun, 15 Sep 96 23:43:33 +0000, attila <[email protected]> wrote:

	       Now, I don't intend to be Scrooge, but I'll fight for my
	       rights to cut off at the knees the knee-jerk liberals and
	       government slavemeisters who want to tell me that I, and
	       2 others are required to support 100 freeloaders.

Two others, huh?  Lucky you :-)

>From somewhere (i.e. I didn't write it and I don't know who did):

I'm tired.

Yes, I'm tired.

For several years I've been blaming it on middle age, poor blood, lack
of vitamins, air pollution, saccharin, obesity, dieting, under-arm
odour, yellow wax buildup and another dozen maladies that make you
wonder if life is really worth living.

But I found out it ain't that.

I'm tired because I'm overworked.

The population of this country is 3.3 million, 0.5 million are
retired, that leaves 2.8 million to do the work.

There are 1 million in school, that leaves 1.8 million to do the work.

200,000 are unemployed and 400,000 are employed by the Government,
that leaves 1.2 million to do the work.

300,000 are employed by City and Borough Councils, leaving 700,000 to
do the work.

There are 420,000 people in hospital and 279,998 in prison.

That leaves two people to do the work.

You and me.

And you are sitting on your arse reading this.

No wonder I'm bloody tired.

--
Paul Foley <[email protected]>       ---         PGPmail preferred

	   PGP key ID 0x1CA3386D available from keyservers
    fingerprint = 4A 76 83 D8 99 BC ED 33  C5 02 81 C9 BF 7A 91 E8
There is nothing wrong with Southern California that a rise in the
ocean level wouldn't cure.
		-- Ross MacDonald