Re: CNET Digital Dispatch Vol. 2 No. 38

Rick Osborne wrote:
> did they mean DES or is the EDS something I'm not aware of.

EDS is "Electronic Data Systems", the company Ross & a buddy started
back in the late 60's/early 70's.  That's where Ross made his money.

EDS is a place that when Ross was in charge (and maybe still today)
was a lot like what Grumman sounds like in terms of employee
security issues.  Armed guards patrolled the computer rooms when I
was working there (1979).

Mike M Nally * IBM % Tivoli * Austin TX  * How quickly we forget that
mailto:[email protected] mailto:[email protected]  * "deer processing" and "data
http://www.io.com/~m101/                 * processing" are different!