Re: Snooping ISP admin??

Michael E. Carboy writes:

> Greetings All,
>
> Question for the group:  I have encountered a situation that causes me
> to believe an ISP is snoopingthrough encrytped mail.  It seems that
> PGP'd mail has aroused the curiosity of an ISP (not hooked.net).. I have
> encountered "POP3 account in use by another user" several times in the
> past few days and I am the only user... wondering if that "in use"
> messsage is the result of a clumsy sysadmin being caught with his hand
> in the cookie jar.

It's from a clumsy programmer- popd is known to hang up under
certain conditions.

> Any thoughts from the group???

If the sysadmin is reading your PGP mail, let him.  It's very very
unlikely that he has the resources available to crack a PGP
message in this century.

--
Eric Murray  [email protected]  [email protected]  http://www.lne.com/ericm
PGP keyid:E03F65E5 fingerprint:50 B0 A2 4C 7D 86 FC 03  92 E8 AC E6 7E 27 29 AF