Re: We removed radikal 154 from xs4all :(

At 09:28 AM 9/24/96 -0400, [email protected] wrote:
> i was under the impression that germany's goal was to stop the distribution
> of radikal 154 by xs4all, not by 50 mirror sites.  they seem to have
> accomplished their goal. do you really think that they will let a little
> thing like reason stand in their way when claiming victory?

Your impression was wrong.

Let us just run through the sequence of events.

A bunch of leftover commies publish some boring commie crap in Germany,
which probably most people would have ignored.

Thugs with truncheons shut them up, making large numbers of "preventative"
arrests.  (A "preventative" arrest is when you have done nothing illegal,
let alone wrong, but they arrest you anyway.)

Result: big publicity on the internet, dead silence in the
"free" german press.

Germany tries to shut up the internet.

Result:  Even bigger publicity.

Sounds like a defeat for Germany to me.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]