Re: Hallam-Baker demands more repudiations or he'll write!

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Rich Burroughs wrote:

> <AP stuff>
> Anyone who mistakes the lack of "repudiations" for AP on the list for some
> kind of tacit approval is not getting the whole picture, IMHO.
>
> Is this how journalists do their research nowadays -- "give me some info or
> I'll write something really bad about you that you'll regret?"  Cool.  I
> guess I thought there might still be some kind of pursuit of the truth
> involved.
>
> I personally don't have the time or energy to contribute to the AP threads.
> That != approval for the idea.
>
> I hope you include your above quote in your piece.

Amen to that.  Add that at least one lawyer (and former prosecutor) on
the list is confident that successful prosecutions will ensue is AP ever
gets off the ground.  And yes, I've read Jim Bell's manifesto.  The fact
that no lawyer has dissected it from a legal standpoint has been used by
Mr. Bell as support for the propostion that it is legal.  As many
professional crytographers/computer security experts/etc. on the list
rightly say when free work is demanded of them:  pay me my rate and I'll
do the analysis.

EBD