Re: Uses of Computational Chaos

From:	IN%"[email protected]"  "Chris Adams" 17-SEP-1996 15:12:13.73

>Supposing, too, that you know these weaknesses, would using separate algorithms
>for different portions of the number work well?

	That would seem to be a possibility; admittedly, the local copy of
AC has been checked out for the past year, so I haven't been able to take a
look at it. I'd tend to think that if you _know_ the flaw, one could come up
with a better way to deal with it than the generalized method I discussed.
For instance, if the MSB of bytes coming out of a scribble window is too low
in entropy, only use it XORed or whatever with a more-random bit.
	-Allen