Re: Public Schools

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Dan Harmon wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>
> >    Dan Harmon <[email protected]> said:
>
> > >One of the hardest things that we have to work hardest to counter-act
> > >with our twins, who attend PS, is the socialization they
> > >pick up at school.
> >
> > There is an easy solution to that problem, it's called home school. :)

    Really there is no 'Correct' solution some students function better
    in Public Schools, some in private and others in home.  I know of success
    stories and failures in each.  I had a couple of friends who were in
home school during their Freshman and Sophomore year in highschool but
then decided to go back to public school, they were so far behind it
wasn't funny...any ways, one droped out and then other is just now
getting back in the "groove" of things (he is a junior).  I guess the
choice of schools is up to the individual, personally I am a student of a
Public school, Enloe High, and truely hate it, I would perfer being in a
private school but, I do not have that kind of money to spend, sure I
could go to a cheep private school and not have the advantages of the
people in public schools which (strangely) have more money.  I could also
do home school but my parents would drive me insane .   But I totally
disagree with the posts saying public school students become drug
dealers, NONE, of my friends do drugs, drink, smoke, etc...   Most
students turn out to be functional members of society, with a few odd
balls ruining the reputation of the public school system...

Thats just my two cents.....
  Brent