[PRIVATE] OJ/police pool for AP

In <[email protected]>, on 09/30/96
   at 08:18 PM, jim bell <[email protected]> said:

=1EAs usual, I have a solution to this problem!   (AP, for the relatively=

=1Eunitiated out there.)
=1E
        well, Jim, at least you are consistent...

        I will not fault your logic in terms of the mental gymnastics
    below, but it is 'method.'   it's like anarchy is the perfect non-
    government in a perfect world.  well...  the problem is the
    perfect world is it not?  then we look at the libertarian view-
    point which starts on the premise of "benevolent" anarchy --but it
    might be a "benevolent" republic or despot to reign in the non-
    reformable greedy, violent, and generally all around "offensives."

        before you get through with just what type of government can
    support the perfect anarchy, your back in the loop trying to find
    the perfect anarchists...   next, who has the power?  --power
    corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

        could a rule of civil, not common, law which operated under
    fundamentalist islamic rules --except a little more humane in the
    physical application of the punishment work?  would we go so far
    as to suggest a set of "requirements" for any public servant in
    office where failure leads to beheading, no appeal.  public
    beheading like the Islamic, following afternoon prayer services?
    why not?  it does not seem to be a pleasant way to die.

        if I were to face the ultimate sanction, I would take the
    firing squad --but not tied to a chair with a bag over my head
    being targeted by seven slobbering men, 3 of which have blanks so
    noone knows who really did shoot the lump of coal tied to the
    chair  --they will not shoot you like a man because the state is a
    coward, not the man about to die.  the fact you might see your
    executions frightens them --in Utah, which used the firing squad
    a month ago, the condemned _never_ sees his executioners.

        crap!  what's wrong with standing against the wall or a pole?
    can not a man die with a little dignity?  are the 4 out of 7
    executions who fire a fatal shot to heart *painted* on the coal
    bag going to be cursed by the condemned?  crap!

        regardless of logic, and temptation to clean up the environ-
    ment, the population is not capable of altruism and will immedi-
    ately slide into a continuous round of retaliatory executions as
    the usual pharisees change your money at the tables set up at
    the temple gates.

        if we had the perfect population base, and no bad apples, we
    would not be in the position of being subject to the Gadianton
    Robbers in the first place.  the problem degenerates to the fact
    the AP scheme will degenerate in a population where everyone is
    just another Gadianton Robber practicing rape, pillage, and burn
    on the countryside.

        the original objective, I presume, was to create the perfect
    pseudo-anarchy, and the perfect, innocent as the day they were
    born population.  --never happen, given human greed, etc. keep
    in mind that the 1/3 of the hosts of heaven, who were thrown off
    with Satan. are being being circulated through our population
    looking for anyone willing to sell their soul for "creature
    comforts"  rather than eternal rewards --look around you; how
    many really good people do you see?

        I always say:

            "people are generally good people
                    ...until there is money involved."

        peace,
            --attila

=1EIf people really believe OJ is guilty, just pool your shekels and see =
him
=1Edead.   Or, if you believe the cops planted evidence, buy THEIR deaths=
 via
=1Edonation.
=1E
    [snip]

=1ESure, thinking about this can give anyone a headache.  That's because =
AP
=1Ecan't answer the question, "Is OJ guilty," but it could dramatically c=
hange
=1Ethe circumstances in which such questions are answered.

--
one of the few things we all share:
  the utter, corrosive contempt for our elected officials.

--
  Politicians are like diapers.
    They both need changing regularly, and for the same reason.