Re: The Right to Keep and Bear Crypto

> Crypto relevancy?  Well, the so-called "gun nuts" have already tolerated far
> more regulation and restriction of guns than we should ever accept.  But if
> we use their tactics, can we expect any better results?

I don`t know so much about the US law, but here in the UK the problem
with the gun lobby and the campaigns against internet controls are
purely volume and not technique, there has not been enough done.

In the UK now we are looking at a total ban on handguns, within 5 or
10 years all guns will probably be banned, the shit has seriously hit
the fan over here, all because of the Dunblane murders (15 or so
schoolchildren killed by a nutter with a legally owned (licenced)
handgun)
The fact is the police fucked up, he was known to be a loner and a
child molester and they granted him a firearms licence.

In addition the media have played a big part too, I don`t know if the
US mainstream paper media is as bad as the UK`s but we have about 5
papers which I wouldn`t wipe my ass on, such as the sun, the mail,
the mirror etc. all of which have, at sometime during the ordeal used
the exact words below:

Gun owners are big children who like to play with dangerous toys
All gun owners are dangerous psychopaths

They have also described gun lobby activists as "gun toting" and
"obsessed with firearms"

More has got to be done before the USA goes the same way, I sure as
hell won`t be living in the UK much longer if the law continues to
change like it has. Fuck them all, that is really all I can say,
don`t let it happen to you kids...

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1