Re: Signs of Trouble in D.C.

<[email protected]> wrote:
> The news these days is NOT good.
> Just tonight:    Anybody under the age of 16 will now be assigned a
> chaperone (paid by the mall) at the Passaic Mall.  Will be carded.
> The use of ATM's at night will be banned.
> Payphones will be eradicated in one area : they attract drug
> dealers, et al.
> I don't like where we are headed. This is only started.

> On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Dustbin Freedom Remailer wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Black Unicorn wrote:
> > > Any person congregating in a group of 2 or more persons on
> > > public space within the boundaries of this drug free zone for

> > Keep moving, proles.  The War on Some Drugs must continue.  Now
> > excuse me while I join my friends for a joint.

Did y'all see the NBC (I think, got this from a friend) ad for the new
monitoring system for cars?  It's based apparently on the lo-jac
(spelling unsure) technology, but expanded so the monitor can locate the
car anytime immediately, and can determine all car statuses such as
whether the engine is on (and the monitor can kill that), how much gas
is in the car, whether the windows are up, roof up, everything
basically.  So if they want to detain somebody, they turn off the
engine, put the windows up, lock the doors, and have someone come and
get you (you're locked in until they get there, see).

BTW, this is a reality now.  This was an ad for a current service.
This apparently is part of the reason why all cars now are moving in the
direction of more electronic features, all of which can be put under
centralized control.