anonymous oddsman

Apologies for repeats, & please repost where appropriate.

Looks like advocating GAK(3-4?) hasn't hurt [and may helped]
Clinton. Dole is now an even-longer shot than before, and Perot
is back on the table at Ladbrokes, though William Hill is still
giving a better deal on him. Here are the latest odds from your
roving UK reporter. I'll try to develop a nym by next post, in
case you are interested in corresponding.

          Current Prices @ 11:00 BST Sat 4th Oct 1996
         +---------+----------------+----------------+
         |         |  Ladbroke's    | William Hill   |
         +---------+----------------+----------------+
         | Clinton |     1:9        |    1:8         |
         | Dole    |     5:1        |    9:2         |
         | Perot   |    50:1        |  250:1         |
         | Browne  | Not currently offered by either.|
         +---------+----------------+----------------+
         | New     |                |                |
         | Phone   | +44-800-524524 | +44-800-444040 |
         | Numbers:|     (Free)     |     (Free)     |

Coral, another national firm in the same business, expects to be
offering odds shortly. (+44-345-581527). Local bookmakers said to
be laying off (and putting on a hefty markup!). No explanation so
far for the lack of odds on longer-shot candidates Browne, Nader,
Hagelin, Phillips, etc. as these would all seem to be pure profit
to the oddsman, but I am not in the gambling business. Oh well.
anonymous oddsman

"Demeaning the integrity of the U.S. Presidential election process
for you on a regular basis, at no charge."