Re: FUCK!!!!!!;-)

Will is hardly a "media monopoly" representive, or someone who spits out
"ADS as news."

If his longtime reading of the cypherpunks mailing list wasn't a good
enough clue, you may remember that Will broke the Clipper III story
earlier this year.

And yes, I am a card-carrying member of the media -- and a fan of Will's
writing.

-Declan

HotWired
Washington, DC

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Troy Varange wrote:

> > >Or maybe this journalist, like most, doesn't know what the fuck he's
> > >talking about?
> >
> > To which this card-carrying member of the media replies:
> >
> > Companies cited in the PRESS RELEASE - that means public relations product,
> > not journalism product - were involved in signing off on what went into the
> > release. By definition, no member of the press was involved in producing
> > this document
> >
> > It seems directing questions to the companies would be a good idea.
> >
> > Will Rodger
> > Washington Bureau Chief
> > Interactive Week.
>
> You media monopoly asswipes love corporate press releases because
> your too cheap to hire real journalists.
>
> Yes, there's a problem with publishing ADS as news.  Look at the
> magazine shelfs and the newspapers for proof.

// [email protected] // I do not represent the EFF // [email protected] //