Re: SPA sues C2, other ISPs and users

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, Matthew Ghio wrote:

> A few months ago I saw Sameer grumbling about people "not paying for
> Apache-SSL".  Now SPA claims he's operating an ISP to promote piracy.  So
> first he's a software publisher and now he's a software pirate.  Uh, yeah,
> whatever.  Obviously SPA is on a PR campaign here which defies all
> conventional logic.

    More likely is that he wouldn't pay them $10,000 to "protect" his own
software interests and they decided to make him an example..

                      [ Bruce M. - Feist Systems, Inc. ]
      "We don't want to get our butts kicked by a bunch of long-haired
        26-year-olds with earrings." -- General John Sheehan on their
                       reasons for InfoWar involvement