Killing Mr. Wallace of "Savetrees"?

It looks like Jim Bell is arranging a contract on Mr. Wallace (apparently
the operator of "[email protected]," and other obnoxious spambots
assocated with Cyberpromo).

At 7:06 PM -0800 10/14/96, jim bell wrote:
>At 04:26 PM 10/14/96 -0400, Ray Arachelian wrote:
>>On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:
>

>>I'd like to join you on this.  I have sent email to
>>wallace@asswipespamnet already as well as left them voice mail for every
>>message they sent, they will be charged $500 per message and the next one
>>I receive constitutes acceptance.  I've since then recieved about 4-5
>>more, which means they owe me $2000 or thereabouts. :)
>>
>>So what steps do we need in putting some teeth into this?
>
>"You rang, Sir?"

Careful, Jim, you are coming _very_ close to crossing the line. You appear
to be volunteering to have Mr. Wallace (and perhaps his family?) killed.

Arguing theoretical implications of what you call "AP" is substantially
different from saying "You rang?" when your frequent posts about AP being
the solution make it clear you are referring to AP here.

I'm not a lawyer, but this is getting real close to the line. I doubt many
DAs would take it seriously, but I rather expect Mr. Wallace of
savetrees.com might discover this message and draw the reasonable inference
that his life is being threatened.

--Tim May

"The government announcement is disastrous," said Jim Bidzos,.."We warned IBM
that the National Security Agency would try to twist their technology."
[NYT, 1996-10-02]
Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.