Re: [SERDAR ARGIC] Ray Arachelian's role in the genocide of 2,500,000 moslems

Ray Arachelian <[email protected]> writes:

> Vulis, grow up.

>  + ^ + |  Ray Arachelian    |FL|       KAOS KERAUNOS KYBERNETOS      |==/|\==
>   \|/  |[email protected]|UL|__Nothing_is_true,_all_is_permitted!_|=/\|/\=
> <--+-->| ------------------ |CG|What part of 'Congress shall make no |=\/|\/=
>   /|\  | "A toast to Odin,  |KA| law abridging the freedom of speech'|==\|/==
>  + v + |God of screwdrivers"|AK|        do you not understand?       |=======
> ===================http://www.brainlink.COM/~sunder/=========================
>       If the Macintosh is a woman...  Then Windows is a Transvestite!
>            ActiveX! ActiveX! Format Hard drive? Just say yes!

My friend and colleague, Dr. Serdar Argic, has cited the following sources
in reference to Ray Arachelian's criminal dandruff-covered grandparents:

_The Jewish Times_ June 21, 1990

_An appropriate analogy with the Jewish Holocaust might be the
 systematic extermination of the entire Muslim population of
 the independent republic of Armenia which consisted of at
 least 30-40 percent of the population of that republic. The
 memoirs of an Armenian army officer who participated in and
 eye-witnessed these atrocities was published in the U.S. in
 1926 with the title 'Men Are Like That.' Other references abound._

A. Lalayan, _Revolutsionniy Vostok (Revolutionary East)_
             No: 2-3, Moscow, 1936.
            -One of the architects of the Armenian genocide
             of 2.5 million Muslim people_

 _I killed Muslims by every means possible. Yet it is
  sometimes a pity to waste bullets for this. The best
  way is to gather all of these dogs and throw them into
  wells and then fill the wells with big and heavy stones,
  as I did. I gathered all of the women, men and children,
  threw big stones down on top of them. They must never live
  on this earth._

 Leonard Ramsden Hartill, _Men Are Like That_ The Bobbs-Merrill
                           Company, Indianapolis (1926).
_Memoirs of an Armenian officer who participated in the Armenian
 genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

_Foreword:_

_For example, we were camped one night in a half-ruined Tartar
 mosque, the most habitable building of a destroyed village, near
 the border of Persia and Russian Armenia. During the course of
 evening I asked Ohanus if he could tell me anything of the history
 of the village and the cause of its destruction. In his matter of
 fact way he replied, Yes, I assisted in its sack and destruction,
 and witnessed the slaying of those whose bones you saw to-day
 scattered among its ruins._

p. 218 (first and second paragraphs)

_We Armenians did not spare the Muslims. If persisted in, the
 slaughtering of Tartars, the looting, and the rape and massacre
 of the helpless become commonplace actions expected and accepted
 as a matter of course.

 I have been on the scenes of massacres where the dead lay on the
 ground, in numbers, like the fallen leaves in a forest. Muslims
 had been as helpless and as defenseless as sheep. They had not died
 as soldiers die in the heat of battle, fired with ardor and courage,
 with weapons in their hands, and exchanging blow for blow. They had
 died as the helpless must, with their hearts and brains bursting
 with horror worse than death itself._

 Leonard Ramsden Hartill, _Men Are Like That_ The Bobbs-Merrill
                           Company, Indianapolis (1926).
_Memoirs of an Armenian officer who participated in the Armenian
 genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 15 (second paragraph)

_The Tartars [Muslims] were, for the most part, poor. Some of them
 lived in villages and cultivated small farms; many of them continued
 in the way of life of their nomadic forefathers. They drove their
 flocks and herds from valley to valley, from plain to mountain, and
 from mountain to plain, following the pasturage as it changed with
 the seasons. They ranged from the salt desert shores of the Caspian
 Sea far into the mighty Caucasus Mountains. Even the village Tartars
 are a primitive people, only semicivilized.

 I can see now that we Armenians frankly despised the Tartars, and,
 while holding a disproportionate share of the wealth of the country,
 regarded and treated them as inferiors._

p. 20 (second paragraph)

_Our men armed themselves, gathered together and advanced on the
 Tartar section of the village. There were no lights in the houses
 and the doors were barred, for the Tartars suspected what as to
 happen and were in great fear. Our men hammered on the doors, but
 got no response; whereupon they smashed in the doors and began a
 carnage that continued until the last Tartar was slain. Throughout
 the hideous night, I cowered at home in terror, unable to shut my
 ears to the piercing screams of the helpless victims and the loud
 shouts of our men. By morning the work was finished._

 Leonard Ramsden Hartill, _Men Are Like That_ The Bobbs-Merrill
                           Company, Indianapolis (1926).
_Memoirs of an Armenian officer who participated in the Armenian
 genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 109 (second paragraph).

_The method of execution was for an Armenian government 'mauserist'
 to walk up behind the condemned Muslim in his home or on the street,
 place a pistol to the back of his head and blow out his brains.
 This simple way of getting rid of those who were undesirable in
 the view of the Armenian government and soon became a common way
 of paying debts._

p. 202 (first and second paragraphs)

_We closed the roads and mountain passes that might serve as
 ways of escape for the Tartars and then proceeded in the work
 of extermination. Our troops surrounded village after village.
 Little resistance was offered. Our artillery knocked the huts
 into heaps of stone and dust and when the villages became untenable
 and inhabitants fled from them into fields, bullets and bayonets
 completed the work. Some of the Tartars escaped of course. They
 found refuge in the mountains or succeeded in crossing the border
 into Turkey. The rest were killed. And so it is that the whole
 length of the borderland of Russian Armenia from Nakhitchevan to
 Akhalkalaki from the hot plains of Ararat to the cold mountain
 plateau of the North were dotted with mute mournful ruins of
 Tartar villages. They are quiet now, those villages, except for
 howling of wolves and jackals that visit them to paw over the
 scattered bones of the dead._

 Leonard Ramsden Hartill, _Men Are Like That_ The Bobbs-Merrill
                           Company, Indianapolis.
_Memoirs of an Armenian officer who participated in the Armenian
 genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 203 (second paragraph)

_One evening I passed through what had been a Tartar village. Among
 the ruins a fire was burning. I went to the fire and saw seated about
 it a group of soldiers. Among them were two Tartar girls, mere children.
 The girls were crouched on the ground, crying softly with suppressed
 sobs. Lying scattered over the ground were broken household utensils
 and other furnishings of Tartar peasant homes. There were also bodies
 of the Muslim dead._

p. 204 (first paragraph)

_I was soon asleep. In the night I was awakened by the persistent crying
 of a child. I arose and went to investigate. A full moon enabled me to
 make my way about and revealed to me all the wreck and litter of the
 tragedy that had been enacted. Guided by the child's crying, I entered
 the yard of a house, which I judged from its appearance must have been
 the home of a Muslim family. There in a corner of the yard I found a
 women dead. Her throat had been cut. Lying on her breast was a small
 child, a girl about a year old._

_San Francisco Chronicle_ (December 11, 1983)

_We have first hand information and evidence of Armenian
 atrocities against our people (Jews). Members of our family
 witnessed the murder of 148 members of our family near Erzurum,
 Turkey, by Armenian neighbors, bent on destroying anything and
 anybody remotely Jewish and/or Muslim...Armenians were in league
 with Hitler in the last war, on his premise to grant themselves
 government if, in return, the Armenians would help exterminate
 Jews. Armenians were also hearty proponents of the anti-Semitic
 acts in league with the Russian Communists._

Signed Elihu Ben Levi, Vacaville, California.

"U.S. Library of Congress" _Bristol Papers_ - General
                            Correspondence Container #34.

 _While the Dashnaks [x-Russian Armenian Government] were in
  power they did everything in the world to keep the pot boiling
  by attacking Kurds, Turks and Tartars; by committing outrages
  against the Moslems; by massacring the Moslems; and robbing and
  destroying their homes. During the last two years the Armenians
  in Russian Caucasus have shown no ability to govern themselves
  and especially no ability to govern or handle other races under
  their power._

_Bristol Papers_, General Correspondence: Container #32: Bristol
                  to Bradley Letter of September 14, 1920.

_I have it from absolute first-hand information that the
 Armenians in the Caucasus attacked Tartar (Muslim) villages
 that are utterly defenseless and bombarded these villages
 with artillery and they murder the inhabitants, pillage the
 village and often burn the village._

F. Kazemzadeh, _The Struggle for Transcaucasia_ (New York, 1951),
               p. 69.

_This three-day massacre by Armenians is recorded in history as
 the 'March Events' and thousands of Muslims, old people, women
 and children lost their lives._

W. E. D. Allen and Paul Muratoff, _Caucasian Battlefields_ Cambridge
                                  University Press, 1953, p. 481.

_As the Armenians found support among the Reds (who regarded the
 Tartars as a counter-revolutionary elements) the fighting soon
 became a massacre of the Tartar population._

G. Bronsart, _Deutsche Allgemeine Zeitung_ July 24, 1921

_Since all the Moslems capable of bearing arms were in the
 Muslim Army, it was easy to organize a terrible massacre by
 the Armenians against defenseless people, because the Armenians
 were not only attacking the sides and rear of the Eastern Army
 paralyzed at the front by the Russians, but were attacking the
 Moslem folk in the region as well._

John Dewey, _The Turkish Tragedy_ The New Republic, Volume 40,
             November 12, 1928, pp. 268-269.

_Armenians boasted of having raised an army of one hundred and
 fifty thousand men to fight a civil war, and that they burned
 at least a hundred Muslim villages and exterminated their
 population._

G. Hamelin, _Les Armees Francaises au Levant_ February 2, 1919,
             Vol. 1, p. 122.

_Armenians burned and destroyed many Muslim villages in their
 advance and practically all Muslim villages in their retreat
 from Marash._

Prof F. Hertas, _Van Muslim Holocaust Museum: Muslim and Western
                 Documents on the Genocide Committed by the Armenians
                 Against the Muslims_ 1984.

p. 121.

_In his speech given at the Sivas Congress, Mustafa Kemal once again
 drew a picture of the country under occupation:

 In the East, the Armenians are making preparations for advancing to
 the River Halys (Kizilirmak), and have already started a policy of
 massacring the Moslem population._

p. 122.

_The situation of the southern provinces of Turkey after the signing
 of the Mudros Armistice is described by Ataturk in his speech:

 The Armenians in the south, armed by foreign troops and encouraged
 by the protection they enjoyed, molested the Mohammedans of their
 district. They pursued a relentless policy of murder and extinction
 everywhere. The Armenians had completely destroyed an old Mohammedan
 town like Maras by their artillery and machine-gun fire.

 They killed thousands of innocent and defenceless Muslim women and
 children. The Armenians were the instigators of the atrocities, which
 were unique in history.

 Threatened by the bayonets of the Armenians, who were armed to the teeth,
 the Mohammedans in the Vilayet of Adana were at that time in danger of
 being annihilated. While this policy of oppression and annihilation was
 carried on against the Mohammedans by the Armenians..._

Basar, H. K. (ed.); _Muslim and Russian Documents on the Genocide
                     Committed by the Armenians Against the Muslims_
                     1981.

p. 22.

_The atrocities and massacres which have been committed for a long time
 against the Muslim population within the Armenian Republic have been
 confirmed with very accurate information, and the observations made by
 Rawlinson, the British representative in Erzurum, have confirmed that
 these atrocities are being committed by the Armenians. The United States
 delegation of General Harbord has seen the thousands of refugees who came
 to take refuge with Kazim Karabekir's soldiers, hungry and miserable,
 their children and wives, their properties destroyed, and the delegation
 was a witness to the cruelties. Many Muslim villages have been destroyed
 by the soldiers of Armenian troops armed with cannons and machine guns
 before the eyes of Karabekir's troops and the people. When it was hoped
 that this operation would end, unfortunately since the beginning of
 February the cruelties inflicted on the Muslim population of the region
 of Shuraghel, Akpazar, Zarshad, and Childir have increased. According
 to documented information, 28 Muslim villages have been destroyed in the
 aforementioned region, more than 60,000 people have been slaughtered,
 many possessions and livestock have been seized, young Muslim women
 have been taken to Kars and Gumru, thousands of women and children who
 were able to flee their villages were beaten, raped and massacred in the
 mountains, and this aggression against the properties, lives, chastity
 and honour of the Muslims continued. It was the responsibility of the
 Armenian Government that the cruelties and massacres be stopped in order
 to alleviate the tensions of Muslim public opinion due to the atrocities
 committed by the Armenians, that the possessions taken from the Muslims
 be returned and that indemnities be paid, that the properties, lives,
 and honour of the Muslims be protected._

Avetis Aharonian, _From Sardarapat to Sevres and Lausanne_
                   Armenian Review, Vol. 16, No. 3-63, Autumn,
                   Sep. 1963, pp. 47-57.

p. 52 (second paragraph).

_Your three Armenian chiefs, Dro, Hamazasp and Kulkhandanian are
 the ringleaders of the bands which have destroyed Muslim villages
 and have staged massacres in Zangezour, Surmali, Etchmiadzin, and
 Zangibasar. This is intolerable. Look - and here he pointed to a
 file of official documents on the table - look at this, here in
 December are the reports of the last few months concerning ruined
 Muslim villages which my representative Wardrop has sent me. The
 official Tartar communique speaks of the destruction of 300 villages
 by the Armenians._

p. 54 (fifth paragraph).

_Yes, of course. I repeat, until this massacre of the Muslim is
 stopped and the three chiefs are not removed from your military
 leadership I hardly think we can supply you arms and ammunition._

_It is the armed bands led by Dro, Hamazasp and Kulkhandanian who
 during the past months have raided and destroyed many Muslim villages
 in the regions of Surmali, Etchmiadzin, Zangezour, and Zangibasar.
 There are official charges of massacres by the Armenians._

Doc. Dr. Azmi Suslu, _Russian View on the Genocide Committed by
                      the Armenians Against the Muslims_ 1987,
                      pp. 45-53.

_The killings were organized by the doctors and the employers, and
 the act of killing was committed solely by the Armenian Army. More
 than eighty thousand unarmed and defenceless Muslims have been massacred
 in Erzincan and Erzurum. Large holes were dug and the defenceless
 Muslims were slaughtered like animals next to the holes. Later, the
 murdered Muslims were thrown into the holes. The Armenian who stood
 near the hole would say when the hole was filled with the corpses:
 'Seventy dead bodies, well, this hole can take ten more.' Thus ten
 more Muslims would be cut into pieces, thrown into the hole, and when
 the hole was full it would be covered over with soil.

 The Armenians responsible for the act of murdering would frequently
 fill a house with eighty Muslims, and cut their heads off one by one.
 Following the Erzincan massacre, the Armenians began to withdraw
 towards Erzurum... The Armenian Army among those who withdrew to
 Erzurum from Erzincan raided the Moslem villages on the road, and
 destroyed the entire population, together with the villages._

A. Rawlinson, _Adventures in the Near East_
Jonathan Cape, 30 Bedford Square, London, 1934
(First published 1923) (287 pages).
_Memoirs of a British officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 184 (second paragraph)

_I had received further very definite information of horrors
 that had been committed by the Armenian soldiery in Kars Plain,
 and as I had been able to judge of their want of discipline by
 their treatment of my own detached parties, I had wired to Tiflis
 from Zivin that 'in the interests of humanity the Armenians should
 not be left in independent command of the Moslem population, as,
 their troops being without discipline and not under effective control,
 atrocities were constantly being committed, for which we should with
 justice eventually be held to be morally responsible'_

A. Rawlinson, _Adventures in the Near East_
Jonathan Cape, 30 Bedford Square, London, 1934
(First published 1923) (287 pages).
_Memoirs of a British officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 178 (first paragraph)

_In those Moslem villages in the plain below which had been
 searched for arms by the Armenians everything had been taken
 under the cloak of such search, and not only had many Moslems
 been killed by the Armenian Army, but horrible tortures had
 been inflicted in the endeavour to obtain information as to
 where valuables had been hidden, of which the Armenians were
 aware of the existence, although they had been unable to find
 them._

p. 177 (third paragraph)

_Armenian troops have pillaged and destroyed all the Moslem
 villages in the plain. Caravans of refugees were in the meanwhile
 constantly arriving from the plain, from which the whole Moslem
 population was fleeing with as much of their personal property as
 they could transport, seeking to obtain security and protection._

A. Rawlinson, _Adventures in the Near East_
Jonathan Cape, 30 Bedford Square, London, 1934
(First published 1923) (287 pages).
_Memoirs of a British officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 175 (first paragraph)

_The arrival of this British brigade was followed by the
 announcement that Kars Province had been allotted by the
 Supreme Council of the Allies to the Armenians, and that
 announcement having been made, the British troops were then
 completely withdrawn, and Armenian occupation commenced. Hence
 all the trouble; for the Armenians at once commenced the wholesale
 robbery and persecution of the Muslem population on the pretext
 that it was necessary forcibly to deprive them of their arms.
 In the portion of the province which lies in the plains they
 were able to carry out their purpose, and the manner in which
 this was done will be referred to in due course._

p. 181 (first paragraph)

_The Armenians from the plain were attacking the Kurdish people
 with artillery, with a large force in support._

Robert Dunn, _World Alive, A Personal Story_
Crown Publishers, Inc., New York (1952).
_Memoirs of an American officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 361 (seventh paragraph) and p. 362 (first paragraph).

 'The most of the Muslims slaughtered by the Armenians are
  inside houses. Come you and look.'
 'No, dammit! My stomach isn't-'
 _We were under those trees by the mosque, in an open space.
 'I don't believe you,' I said, but followed to a nail-studded
  door. The man pushed it ajar, then spurred away, leaving me
  to check on the corpse. I thought I should, this charge was
  so constant, so gritted my teeth and went inside.

  The place was cool but reeked of sodden ashes, and was dark
  at first, for its stone walls had only window slits. Rags
  strewed the mud floor around an iron tripod over embers that
  vented their smoke through roof beams black with soot. All
  looked bare and empty, but in an inner room flies buzzed. As
  the door swung shut behind me I saw they came from a man's
  body lying face up, naked but for its grimy turban. He was
  about fifty years old by what was left of his face - a rifle
  butt had bashed an eye. The one left slanted, as with Tartars
  rather than with Kurds. Any uniform once on him was gone, so
  I'd no proof which he was, and quickly went out, gagging at
  the mess of his slashed genitals._

Robert Dunn, _World Alive, A Personal Story_
Crown Publishers, Inc., New York (1952).
_Memoirs of an American officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 363 (first paragraph).

 'How many Muslim people lived there?'
 'Oh, about eight hundred.' He yawned.
 'Did you see any Muslim officers?'
 'No, sir. I was in at dawn. All were Tartar civilians in mufti.'

_The lieutenant dozed off, then I, but in the small hours a
 voice woke me - Dro's [Armenian architect of the genocide
 of 2.5 million Muslim people - ye]. He stood in the starlight
 bawling out an officer. Anyone keelhauled so long and furiously
 I'd never heard. Then abruptly Dro broke into laughter, quick
 and simple as child's. Both were a cover for his sense of guilt,
 I thought, or hoped. For somehow, despite my boast of irreligion,
 Christian Armenian massacring 'infidels' was more horrible than
 the reverse would have been.

 From daybreak on, Armenian villagers poured in from miles around.
 The Armenian women plundered happily, chattering like ravens as
 they picked over the carcass of Djul. They hauled out every hovel's
 chattels, the last scrap of food or cloth, and staggered away, packing
 pots, saddlebags, looms, even spinning-wheels.

 'Thank you for a lot, Dro,' I said to him back in camp. 'But now I
 must leave.' We shook hands, the captain said 'A bientot, mon camarade.'
 And for hours the old Molokan scout and I plodded north across parching
 plains. Like Lot's wife I looked back once to see smoke bathing all,
 doubtless in a sack of other Moslem villages by the Armenian Army up to
 the line of snow that was Iran.'_

Robert Dunn, _World Alive, A Personal Story_
Crown Publishers, Inc., New York (1952).
_Memoirs of an American officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 354.

_At morning tea, Dro [Armenian architect of the genocide of 2.5
 million Muslim people - ye] and his officers spread out a map
 of this whole high region called the Karabakh. Deep in tactics,
 Armenians spoke Russian, but I got their contempt for Allied
 'neutral' zones and their distrust of promises made by tribal
 chiefs. A campaign shaped; more raids on Moslem villages._

p. 358.

"It will be three hours to take," Dro told me. We'd close in on
 three sides.
"The men on foot will not shoot, but use only the bayonets,"
 Merrimanov said, jabbing a rifle in dumbshow.
"That is for morale," Dro put in. "We must keep the Moslems in
 terror."
"Soldiers or civilians?" I asked.
"There is no difference," said Dro. "All are armed, in uniform
 or not."
"But the women and children?"
"Will fly with the others as best they may."

Robert Dunn, _World Alive, A Personal Story_
Crown Publishers, Inc., New York (1952).
_Memoirs of an American officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 360.

_The ridges circled a wide expanse, its floors still. Hundreds
 of feet down, the fog held, solid as cotton flock. 'Djul lies
 under that,' said Dro [Armenian architect of the genocide of
 2.5 million Muslim people - ye], pointing. 'Our men also attack
 Muslims from the other sides.'

 Then, 'Whee-ee!' - his whistle lined up all at the rock edge.
 Bayonets clicked upon carbines. Over plunged Archo, his black
 haunches rippling; then followed the staff, the horde - nose
 to tail, bellies taking the spur. Armenia in action seemed more
 like a pageant than war, even though I heard our Utica brass roar.

 As I watched from the height, it took ages for Djul to show clear.
 A tsing of machine-gun fire took over from the thumping batteries;
 cattle lowed, dogs barked, invisible, while I ate a hunk of cheese
 and drank from a snow puddle. Mist at last folded upward as men
 shouted, at first heard faintly. Then came a shrill wailing.

 Now among the cloud-streaks rose darker wisps - smoke. Red glimmered
 about house walls of stone or wattle, into dry weeds on roofs. A
 mosque stood in clump of trees, thick and green. Through crooked
 alleys on fire, horsemen were galloping after figures both mounted
 and on foot.

 'Tartarski!' shouted the Armenian gunner by me. Others pantomimed
 them in escape over the rocks, while one twisted a bronze shell-nose,
 loaded, and yanked breech-cord, firing again and again. Shots wasted,
 I thought, when by afternoon I looked in vain for fallen branch or
 Muslim body. But these shots and the white bursts of shrapnel in the
 gullies drowned the women's cries.

 At length all shooting petered out. I got on my horse and rode down
 toward Djul. It burned still but little flame showed now. The way was
 steep and tough, through dense scrub. Finally on flatter ground I came
 out suddenly, through alders, on smoldering houses. Across trampled
 wheat my brothers-in-arms were leading off animals, several calves
 and a lamb._

Robert Dunn, _World Alive, A Personal Story_
Crown Publishers, Inc., New York (1952).
_Memoirs of an American officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 361 (fourth paragraph).

_Armenian corpses came next, the first a pretty Muslim child with
 straight black hair, large eyes. She looked about twelve years old.
 She lay in some stubble where meal lay scattered from the sack
 she'd been toting. The bayonet had gone through her back, I judged,
 for blood around was scant. Between the breasts one clot, too small
 for a bullet wound, crusted her homespun dress.

 The next was a Muslim boy of ten or less, in rawhide jacket and
 knee-pants. He lay face down in the path by several huts. One arm
 reached out to the pewter bowl he'd carried, now upset upon its
 dough. Steel had jabbed just below his neck, into the spine.

 There were Muslim grownups, too, I saw as I led the sorrel around.
 Djul was empty of the living till I looked up to see beside me Dro's
 [Armenian architect of the genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people - ye]
 German-speaking colonel. He said all Muslims who had not escaped were
 dead._

Robert Dunn, _World Alive, A Personal Story_
Crown Publishers, Inc., New York (1952).
_Memoirs of an American officer who witnessed the
 Armenian genocide of 2.5 million Muslim people_

p. 358.

 _More stories of Armenian murdering Muslims when the czarist troops
  fled north. My Armenian hosts told me of their duty here: to keep
  tabs on brigands, Muslim troop shifts, hidden arms, spies - Christian,
  Red or Tartar - coming in from Transcaucasus. Then they spoke of the
  hell that would break loose if Versailles were to put, as threatened,
  the Muslim vilayets of Turkey under the control of Erevan.

  Muslims under Christian rule? His lips smacked in irony under the
  droopy red moustache. That's bloodshed - just Smyrna over again on
  a bigger scale._

 _The Armenians did exterminate the entire Muslim population
  of Russian Armenia as Muslims were considered inferior to
  the Armenians by the prominent leaders of the Dashnaks._
                                    _Mikael Kaprilian_ 1919

 Sahak Melkonian, _Preserving the Armenian Purity_ 1920

_In Soviet Armenia today there no longer exists a single Turkish
 soul. It is in our power to tear away the veil of illusion that
 some of us create for ourselves. It certainly is possible to severe
 the artificial life-support system of an imagined 'ethnic purity'
 that some of us falsely trust as the only structure that can support
 their heart beats in this alien land._

During the First World War and the ensuing years - 1914-1920,
the Armenians through a premeditated and systematic genocide,
tried to complete its centuries-old policy of annihilation against
the Turks and Kurds by savagely murdering 2.5 million Muslims and
deporting the rest from their 1,000 year homeland.

The attempt at genocide is justly regarded as the first instance
of Genocide in the 20th Century acted upon an entire people.
This event is incontrovertibly proven by historians, government
and international political leaders, such as U.S. Ambassador Mark
Bristol, William Langer, Ambassador Layard, James Barton, Stanford
Shaw, Arthur Chester, John Dewey, Robert Dunn, Papazian, Nalbandian,
Ohanus Appressian, Jorge Blanco Villalta, General Nikolayef, General
Bolkovitinof, General Prjevalski, General Odiselidze, Meguerditche,
Kazimir, Motayef, Twerdokhlebof, General Hamelin, Rawlinson, Avetis
Aharonian, Dr. Stephan Eshnanie, Varandian, General Bronsart, Arfa,
Dr. Hamlin, Boghos Nubar, Sarkis Atamian, Katchaznouni, Rachel
Bortnick, Halide Edip, McCarthy, W. B. Allen, Paul Muratoff and many
others.

J. C. Hurewitz, Professor of Government Emeritus, Former Director of
the Middle East Institute (1971-1984), Columbia University.

Bernard Lewis, Cleveland E. Dodge Professor of Near Eastern History,
Princeton University.

Halil Inalcik, University Professor of Ottoman History & Member of
the American Academy of Arts & Sciences, University of Chicago.

Peter Golden, Professor of History, Rutgers University, Newark.

Stanford Shaw, Professor of History, University of California at
Los Angeles.

Thomas Naff, Professor of History & Director, Middle East Research
Institute, University of Pennsylvania.

Ronald Jennings, Associate Professor of History & Asian Studies,
University of Illinois.

Howard Reed, Professor of History, University of Connecticut.

Dankwart Rustow, Distinguished University Professor of Political
Science, City University Graduate School, New York.

John Woods, Associate Professor of Middle Eastern History,
University of Chicago.

John Masson Smith, Jr., Professor of History, University of
California at Berkeley.

Alan Fisher, Professor of History, Michigan State University.

Avigdor Levy, Professor of History, Brandeis University.

Andreas G. E. Bodrogligetti, Professor of History, University of California
at Los Angeles.

Kathleen Burrill, Associate Professor of Turkish Studies, Columbia University.

Roderic Davison, Professor of History, George Washington University.

Walter Denny, Professor of History, University of Massachusetts.

Caesar Farah, Professor of History, University of Minnesota.

Tom Goodrich, Professor of History, Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Tibor Halasi-Kun, Professor Emeritus of Turkish Studies, Columbia University.

Justin McCarthy, Professor of History, University of Louisville.

Jon Mandaville, Professor of History, Portland State University (Oregon).

Robert Olson, Professor of History, University of Kentucky.

Madeline Zilfi, Professor of History, University of Maryland.

James Stewart-Robinson, Professor of Turkish Studies, University of Michigan.

_long list deleted_

_Newsweek_ (November 29, 1993, p. 50)

   _Armenians occupy a quarter of Azerbaijan's territory, and
    they've displaced almost a million Azerbaijani civilians.
    Friends of Armenia's powerful lobby in Washington, including
    the U.S. Government are suddenly a bit aghast. 'What we see
    now is a systematic destruction of every village in their
    way' says a senior state department official. It's vandalism._

_THE GUARDIAN_, 2 September 1993

       NOWHERE TO HIDE FOR AZERI REFUGEES

Armenia is pushing a new wave of displaced people towards Iran.
Jonathan RUGMAN in Kanliq, south-west Azerbaijan, reports

On  the main road south through Kubatli province, thousands  of
men,  women  and children are packed into trucks  at  an  Azeri
checkpoint waiting for permission to leave. Helicopters shuttle
in and out with the wounded, while a group of women sit wailing
at the roadside, tearing at their bloodstained faces with their
fingernails in a frenzy of grief.

A  new  exodus  of  refugees is under way towards  Azerbaijan's
border  with  Iran as Armenia forces continue  ignoring  United
Nations  demands that they stop their offensive.

This  week the UNHCR began distributing 4,000 tents and  50,000
blankets  to  those  displaced in the recent  hostilities.  The
organisation  said about 250,000 Azeris have been displaced  so
far  this year and about 1 million since the massacre began  in
1988.

[Photo:] A man carries his elderly mother in the capital Baku. The
UN says about 250,000 Azeris have been displaced this year.

[Map: Shows areas invaded by Armenians]

_Newsweek_ 16 March 1992

By Pascal Privat with Steve Le Vine in Moscow

             THE FACE OF A MASSACRE

Azerbaijan was a charnel house again last week:  a  place
of  mourning  refugees  and  dozens  of  mangled  corpses
dragged  to  a  makeshift morgue behind the mosque.  They
were  ordinary  Azerbaijani men, women  and  children  of
Khojaly, a  small village  in  war-torn  Nagorno-Karabakh
overrun  by  Armenian  forces on Feb.  25-26.  Many  were
killed  at  close range while trying to  flee;  some  had
their  faces  mutilated, others were scalped.  While  the
victims' families mourned,

Photo: `We will never forgive the Armenians': Azeri woman
       mourn a victim.

_The New York Times_, Tuesday, March 3, 1992

                    MASSACRE BY ARMENIANS

Agdam, Azerbaijan, March 2 (Reuters) - Fresh evidence emerged
today of a massacre of civilians by Armenian militants in
Nagorno-Karabakh, a predominantly Armenian enclave of Azerbaijan.

                         Scalping Reported

Azerbaijani officials and journalists who flew briefly to the region
by helicopter brought back three dead children with the back of their
heads blown off. They said shooting by Armenians has prevented them
from retrieving more bodies.

"Women and children have been scalped," said Assad Faradshev, an aide
to Nagorno-Karabakh's Azerbaijani Governor. "When we began to pick up
bodies, they began firing at us."

The Azerbaijani militia chief in Agdam, Rashid Mamedov, said: "The
bodies are lying there like flocks of sheep. Even the fascists did
nothing like this."

                         Truckloads of Bodies

Near Agdam on the outskirts of Nagorno-Karabakh, a Reuters photographer,
Frederique Lengaigne, said she had seen two trucks filled with Azerbaijani
bodies.

"In the first one I counted 35, and it looked as though there were as
many in the second," she said. "Some had their head cut off, and many
had been burned. They were all men, and a few had been wearing khaki
uniforms."

_The Sunday Times_ 1 March 1992

By Thomas Goltz, Agdam, Azerbaijan

    ARMENIAN SOLDIERS MASSACRE HUNDREDS OF FLEEING FAMILIES

Survivors reported that Armenian soldiers shot and bayoneted more
than 450 Azeris, many of them women and children. Hundreds, possibly
thousands, were missing and feared dead.

The attackers killed most of the soldiers and volunteers defending
the women and children. They then turned their guns on the terrified
refugees. The few survivors later described what happened: 'That's
when the real slaughter began,' said Azer Hajiev, one of three soldiers
to survive. 'The Armenians just shot and shot. And then they came in
and started carving up people with their bayonets and knives.'

'They were shooting, shooting, shooting,' echoed Rasia Aslanova, who
arrived in Agdam with other women and children who made their way
through Armenian lines. She said her husband, Kayun, and a son-in-law
were massacred in front of her. Her daughter was still missing.

One boy who arrived in Agdam had an ear sliced off.

The survivors said 2000 others, some of whom had fled separately,
were still missing in the gruelling terrain; many could perish from
their wounds or the cold.

By late yesterday, 479 deaths had been registered at the morgue in
Agdam's morgue, and 29 bodies had been buried in the cemetery. Of
the seven corpses I saw awaiting burial, two were children and three
were women, one shot through the chest at point blank range.

Agdam hospital was a scene of carnage and terror. Doctors said they
had 140 patients who escaped slaughter, most with bullet injuries or
deep stab wounds.

Nor were they safe in Agdam. On friday night rockets fell on the city
which has a population of 150,000, destroying several buildings and
killing one person.

_The Times_ 2 March 1992

              CORPSES LITTER HILLS IN KARABAKH

   (ANATOL LIEVEN COMES UNDER FIRE WHILE FLYING TO INVESTIGATE
       THE MASS KILLINGS OF REFUGEES BY ARMENIAN TROOPS)

As we swooped low over the snow-covered hills of Nagorno-Karabagh
we saw the scattered corpses. Apparently, the refugees had been
shot down as they ran. An Azerbaijani film of the places we flew
over, shown to journalists afterwards, showed DOZENS OF CORPSES
lying in various parts of the hills.

The Azerbaijanis claim that AS MANY AS 1000 have died in a MASS
KILLING of AZERBAIJANIS fleeing from the town of Khodjaly, seized
by Armenians last week. A further 4,000 are believed to be wounded,
frozen to death or missing.

The civilian helicopter's job was to land in the mountains and pick
up bodies at sites of the mass killings.

The civilian helicopter picked up four corpses, and it was during
this and a previous mission that an Azerbaijani cameraman filmed
the several dozen bodies on the hillsides.

Back at the airfield in Agdam, we took a look at the bodies the
civilian helicopter had picked up. Two old men a small girl were
covered with blood, their limbs contorted by the cold and rigor
mortis. They had been shot.

_TIME_ March 16, 1992

By Jill SMOLOWE

-Reported by Yuri ZARAKHOVICH/Moscow

          M A S S A C R E  I N  K H O J A L Y

While the details are argued, this much is plain: something grim
and unconscionable happened in the Azerbaijani town of Khojaly
two weeks ago. So far, some 200 dead Azerbaijanis, many of them
mutilated, have been transported out of the town tucked inside
the Armenian-dominated enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh for burial in
neighboring Azerbaijan. The total number of deaths - the Azerbaijanis
claim 1,324 civilians have been slaughtered, most of them women and
children - is unknown.

Videotapes circulated by the Azerbaijanis include images of defaced
civilians, some of them scalped, others shot in the head.

_BBC1 Morning News at 07.37, Tuesday 3 March 1992_

BBC reporter was live on line and he claimed that he saw more
than 100 bodies of Azeri men, women and children as well as a
baby who are shot dead from their heads from a very short distance.

_BBC1 Morning News at 08:12, Tuesday 3 March 1992_

Very disturbing picture has shown that many civilian corpses
who were picked up from mountain. Reporter said he, cameraman
and Western Journalists have seen more than 100 corpses, who
are men, women, children, massacred by Armenians. They have
been shot dead from their heads as close as 1 meter. Picture
also has shown nearly ten bodies (mainly women and children)
are shot dead from their heads. Azerbaijan claimed that more
than 1000 civilians massacred by Armenian forces.

_Channel 4 News at 19.00, Monday 2 March 1992_

2 French journalists have seen 32 corpses of men, women and
children in civilian clothes. Many of them shot dead from
their heads as close as less than 1 meter.

_Report from Karabakpress_

A merciless massacre of the civilian population of the small
Azeri town of Khojali (Population 6000) in Karabagh, Azerbaijan,
is reported to have taken place on the night of February 28 by
the Soviet Armenian Army. Close to 1000 people are reported to
have been massacred. Elderly and children were not spared. Many
were badly beaten and shot at close range. A sense of rage and
helplessness has overwhelmed the Azeri population in face of the
well armed and equipped Armenian Army. The neighboring Azeri city
of Aghdam outside of the Karabagh region has come under heavy
Armenian artillery shelling. City hospital was hit and two pregnant
women as well as a new born infant were killed. Azerbaijan is appealing
to the international community to condemn such barbaric and ruthless
attacks on its population and its sovereignty.

_Boston Sunday Globe_ November 21, 1993

by Jon Auerbach
Globe Correspondent

CHAKHARLI, Azerbaijan -- The truckloads of scared and lost
children, the sobbing mothers, the stench of sickness and
the sea of blank faces in this mud-covered refugee camp
obscure the deeper issue of why tens of thousands of Azeris
have fled here.

_What we see now is a systematic destruction of every village
 in their way,_ said one senior US official. _It's one of the
 most disgusting things we've seen._

_It's vandalism,_ the US official said. _The idea that there
 is an aggressive intent in a sound conclusion._

The United Nations estimates that there are more than 1 million
refugees in Azerbaijan, roughly one seventh of the former Soviet
republic's entire population. Thousands who fled to neighboring
Iran are being slowly repatriated to refugee camps already bursting
at the seams. But because of the Karabakh Armenians' policy of
burning villages, relief organizations say there is no hope that
the Azeris could return home anytime soon.

At Chakharli, about 10 miles from Iran, more than 10,000 refugees
are crammed into a makeshift tent city. Aziz Azizova, 33, arrived
in the Iranian run camp about three weeks ago, after she and her
five children were forced to flee their home in the village of
Buik-Merjan.

_I left my village with nothing, not even my shoes,_ she said. _You
see how our children are living? Some of them are living right in
the mud._

Azizova, like thousands of others, escaped by fleeing across the Arax
River into neighboring Iran. The UN estimates that around 300 Azeris,
mainly women and children, drowned in the river's currents.

One of the people who did make it across was Samaz Mamedova, a
40-year-old accountant. Sitting with friends in tent No. 566 on
a recent day, Mamedova explained how the Armenians seized her
village in less than a half hour, forcing the entire population
toward the river in a chaotic scramble for survival.

_Cebbar Leygara_ Kurdish Leader - October 13, 1992

 _Today's ethnic cleansing policies by the Serbians against Croatians
  and Muslims of Yugoslavia, as well as the Soviet Republic of Armenia's
  against the Muslim population of neighboring Azerbaijan, are really
  no different in their aspirations than the genocide perpetrated by
  the Armenian Government 78 years ago against the Turkish and Kurdish
  Muslims and Sephardic Jews living in these lands._

_Tovfik Kasimov_ Azeri Leader - September 25, 1992

 _The crime of systematic cleansing by mass killing and extermination
  of the Muslim population in Soviet Republic of Armenia, Karabag,
  Bosnia and Herzegovina is an 'Islamic Holocaust' comparable to the
  extermination of 2.5 million Muslims by the Armenian Government
  during the WWI and of over 6 million European Jews during the WWII._

_The Times_ 3 March 1992

                   MASSACRE UNCOVERED

By ANATOL LIEVEN

More than sixty bodies, including those of women and children,
have been spotted on hillsides in Nagorno-Karabakh, confirming
claims that Armenian troops massacred Azeri refugees. Hundreds
are missing.

Scattered amid the withered grass and bushes along a small valley
and across the hillside beyond are the bodies of last Wednesday's
massacre by Armenian forces of Azerbaijani refugees.

In all, 31 bodies could be counted at the scene. At least another
31 have been taken into Agdam over the past five days. These figures
do not include civilians reported killed when the Armenians stormed
the Azerbaijani town of Khodjaly on Tuesday night. The figures also
do not include other as yet undiscovered bodies

Zahid Jabarov, a survivor of the massacre, said he saw up to 200
people shot down at the point we visited, and refugees who came
by different routes have also told of being shot at repeatedly and
of leaving a trail of bodies along their path. Around the bodies
we saw were scattered possessions, clothing and personnel documents.
The bodies themselves have been preserved by the bitter cold which
killed others as they hid in the hills and forest after the massacre.
All are the bodies of ordinary people, dressed in the poor, ugly
clothing of workers.

Of the 31 we saw, only one policeman and two apparent national
volunteers were wearing uniform. All the rest were civilians,
including eight women and three small children. Two groups,
apparently families, had fallen together, the children cradled
in the women's arms.

Several of them, including one small girl, had terrible head
injuries: only her face was left. Survivors have told how they
saw Armenians shooting them point blank as they lay on the ground.

---