Crypto Raid

   In a coincidence with the Biham/Shamir smart card attack,
   AP reports October 20 on an Israeli raid of News Datacom
   Research for $150 million tax fraud, allegedly because
   locally developed crypto products were smuggled out of
   the country. News Datacom develops and markets encryption
   systems for pay-TV based on Shamir's work, and he is a
   part-owner.

   Recall that Markoff's story on DFA cited Bahim's
   experience with pirate-TV and smart-card tampering.

   FiTi ran stories last May about the company's financial
   derring-do, which we've placed with the AP report at:

      http://jya.com/keylok.txt

   We've also put the Biham/Shamir DFA post and NYT article
   at:

      http://jya.com/dfa.htm