Re: Blue Box Plans & hacker bbs's

> I know this is my second question in a short period of time...but anyone
> got or know where to get any good blue box plans??  I cant find shit on
> the web, and I need some good hacker telnet bbs's.  Someone please give
> me either.
> 					THanks
> 					HeLiUM

As you should know, blue boxes are (with some exceptions), not operable
in the US. If you do not live in the US, they still should not work for
you as most foreign countries use NACTS or another standard instead of
ACTS. In the USA, blue boxes will not work under 5ESS or several other
recent versions of the switching system as they utilize multi-band
signalling, meaning that if you use a blue box to drop a trunk, the line
goes dead since the signalling is on another frequency that you cannot
hear. It is still possible to blue box, but it requires going through
primitive switching software like step-by-step, crossbar, or 1ESS (I
think). It is really not worth it, a red-box is a much better bet, or
code fraud (calling, credit, or 950/PBXes), along with op-diverting.

Still, plans can be found in almost any hacker ftp site. Try ftping to
ftp.winternet.com in the directory /user/nitehwk/phreak.

For a list of some telnettable boards, grab the alt.2600/#hack FAQ from
the same directory. It has a few, although no really good ones (you'll
have to find them yourself).

					pneyz ([email protected])