Re: slander again [RANT]

Benjamin Grosman wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> Have either of you read my post to the coderpunks list concerning
> professionalism? I feel that it might be slightly applicable here. Surely
> this has gone on long enough, and in enough of a public manner, that enough
> people are sick of it.

Just a note: If you haven't already seen it, there's a scene in one of the first
Godfather movies where Al Pacino has to get out of the country (USA), so he goes to
Sicily to visit.  He's walking through the village with a girl, and he asks the girl
"where are all the men?" (there are no men to be seen).  And she says "all killed in
vendettas".

Carl Oglesby wrote a book on the National Security State as a prelude to the
assassination of John Kennedy and others, and one of the chapters was titled
"Paranoia as a way of knowing".  If I could, I would rename it to "Paranoia as
a way of knowing who we are".  Or as Pogo paraphrased a famous admiral "We have
met the enemy and they are us".

In the latest issue of PC Week, John Dvorak complains bitterly about flaming on the
net gotten out of hand.  Good article, but cypherpunks has a long way to go before
it fits the description in PC Week.